Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Separate worksheet from workbook

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Good afternoon everyone,

I am currently doing a Alteryx testing.However, all the files(they are following the same pattern) I have received are processed.There are 4 worksheets(A/B/C/D) in 1 workbook, Is there any way I can use Alteryx to create 4 new workbook(A/B/C/D) to save them separately?Otherwise I have to do copy and paste one by one.

Thank you for you suggestion and hope you have a good one!

Capture2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Bbadef 

In the output tool in Alteryx, there is a dropdown that allows you to change the entire file path. I would suggest using this.

Using a Formula tool, create a field with the file path where you want the files saved so that this field is equal for those records that should be in the same workbook and differs for those records that should go in separate workbooks. It would look something like this: "folders...\filename.xlsx|Sheet1"

Then configure the output tool like this:

Kenda_0-1639509632032.png

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Bbadef ,

I've attached a workflow that reads in all the files and their sheet names, and as @Kenda said, you can then use the sheet names to overwrite the filename, and in this example I've hardcoded the sheets to be Sheet1 but you can change them in the formula tool:

mceleavey_0-1639510248156.png

This will load in all your files and smoosh the rows from a given sheet across multiple files into one. For example, if you have ten files and they have sheet A in them, all ten will be loaded into one file called A.

You will need to change the filepaths etc.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mceleavey ,

Thank you for your help!

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

It looks like the workflow was developed in a more advanced version.

Bbadef
8 - Asteroid

hi @Kenda ,

Thank you for your suggestion!

Labels