Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Separate every nth rows and transpose all rows together to columns next to each other

mlu2422
7 - Meteor

Hi Community,

I need help on separating rows and transposing them to columns next to each other. 

What I have - every 6 repetitive rows:

Jurisdiction Birmingham

State           AL

Entity          A

Sales          820.26

Exempt       155.19

Total Sales  975.45

Jurisdiction Birmingham

State           AL

Entity          B

Sales          158.01

Exempt       106.14

Total Sales  264.15

The output that I want:

Jurisdiction Birmingham    Jurisdiction Birmingham

State           AL                   State           AL

Entity          A                     Entity          B

Sales          820.26            Sales          158.01

Exempt       155.19            Exempt       106.14

Total Sales  975.45           Total Sales  264.15

I have tried using the Record ID tool to give the rows sequence first and then separate them out, but couldn't get to the layout that I wanted. Much appreciated if anyone can help me with this! Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Try using the following formula in a Multi-Row Formula tool creating a new field called RecordID

IF [Field1] = 'Jurisdiction' THEN [Row-1:RecordID] +1 ELSE [Row-1:RecordID] ENDIF

Not knowing your field names, you may have to change [Field1] in the above example.

Hope this helps!

mlu2422
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I actually used ceil([Field 1])/6 to get to the same results with your formula above, but do you have an idea of how to transpose those with the same RecordIDs into columns instead of stacking them on top of each other?

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I've attached a workflow which should do exactly what you're looking for.

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions!

mlu2422
7 - Meteor

It worked. Thank you!

Labels