Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Sending authenticated SMTP email.

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

i am trying to send an authenticated smtp email from a workflow and keep getting a login denied error.  The smtp site is internal to our company. I have a VBScript on the same server, using the same credentials,to the same smtp server that will connect and send the email.  I can use the same credentials, same smtp within other applications that also sends correctly.  So i know the correct ports are open and i know the credentials are authorized to the smtp site.

What am i doing wrong? Below is a snapshot of how my config looks.  is there a way to get more information from  the "Login Denied" error?

Thanks

emailconfig.PNG

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @Eric_ht ,

Not sure what could be happening there, but I suggest you to use your domain in front of your username only to see if works.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Fernando.  Yes I have tried it both ways.  with and without the domain as part of the user name to no avail.

Highlighted

Hi @Eric_ht ,

Ok! So next suggestion is related to your alteryx installation.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Installing-Admin-vs-Non-Admin/ta-p/...

I'm not sure if it is your case, but if you are using a non-admin version, there is a limitation related to the email tool and maybe that is what you are experiencing.

How to check which version you are using.

fmvizcaino_0-1593113337291.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks again Fernando.

We are using Admin versions.

Thanks

Labels