Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Send out 50 email & Compare of Email tool and Event Email

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi,

I know there is an email tool to send out the email. As you can see from the pics, I added 5 email tools in order to send to 5 people.

I would like to know that if I would like to send the email to 20 or even 50 people in the future, is there any other way to handle it? Thank you.

test.PNG

The second questions.  There is another way to send out email is through the event.  Could someone let me know the advantage and disadvantage of the event email and email tool? Thank you.

test2.PNG

1 REPLY 1
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Note that in the Email tool, you can use a field that has a list of email addresses. So in your example, you could have that list (in example, an Excel spreadsheet) and append that list to the report and then add the Email tool. You would then select that field which would email out the report to anyone on the list.

Not sure about the advantages of the event over the tool (although there is not the dropdown capability in the event as in the tool...not sure if you can add multiple emails separated by semicolons, for example). I believe the tool just adds a bit more flexibility in the process.

Please check out the Help on the tool. As noted, it is the last tool in a workflow that runs.

Labels