Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Send multiple emails to different recipients with different attachments on each email

JPH_
5 - Atom

I have approx. 100 different files with sales data in each excel file.  Each file is unique to a sales person and contains their email address within the excel file.  I want to create a workflow that will cycle through each file and send an email to each person with only their specific file.  I'm assuming I'll need to create a macro to go through each file to pull the appropriate email address, but not really sure how to start.  I've attached the sample excel files I want to send out.  I only want to send "Test1" to the "Test1@xyz.com" email address, and the same for "Test2".  This will need to cycle for all files in the folder, and the names of the files/recipients can change month to month. 

1 REPLY 1
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

You might need a macro, but you might also get away with opening the files as a wildcard (as in Test*.xlsx) and then using the email address to send with the attachment via the Email tool

Labels