Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Send email if not in list

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

I am sure this is an easy one, but somehow I cannot come up with an elegant idea to tackle this one.

I have a workflow that informs our two warehouse teams about incoming shipments. At times, I only have email notifications for one of the two teams (lets say the 416 team). I would like to generate an email notification that says "No incoming shipments today." if the warehouse is not in the dataset. So, in simple terms, I would like to say if 631 is not listed in the Hub column then send an email to 631. 

kheuer_0-1588017321563.png

Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @kheuer,

it might be a bit overkill if you only have these two, but I'd go with an additional input list and join the data together.

grossal_0-1588020573709.png

First Input is your current data and second a list of all hubs. The Right Output of the Join tool returns only the values that aren't in the left input. You could than add an E-Mail tool behind this and send these people and E-Mail.

Workflow attached. Let me know what you think.

Best

Alex

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

Love it! I knew there was an easy solution and I was overthinking this. Thank you so much!

Labels