Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Send email if not in list

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

I am sure this is an easy one, but somehow I cannot come up with an elegant idea to tackle this one.

I have a workflow that informs our two warehouse teams about incoming shipments. At times, I only have email notifications for one of the two teams (lets say the 416 team). I would like to generate an email notification that says "No incoming shipments today." if the warehouse is not in the dataset. So, in simple terms, I would like to say if 631 is not listed in the Hub column then send an email to 631. 

kheuer_0-1588017321563.png

Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @kheuer,

it might be a bit overkill if you only have these two, but I'd go with an additional input list and join the data together.

grossal_0-1588020573709.png

First Input is your current data and second a list of all hubs. The Right Output of the Join tool returns only the values that aren't in the left input. You could than add an E-Mail tool behind this and send these people and E-Mail.

Workflow attached. Let me know what you think.

Best

Alex

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

Love it! I knew there was an easy solution and I was overthinking this. Thank you so much!

Labels