Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Send an e-mail without running through the Gallery

natalieking
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I know how to build a workflow that will send an e-mail through a Gallery via SMTP.

However, when I open the workflow in Designer, I get the following error from the E-mail tool:

Error: Email (143): Record#1: Unable to send email: "Error with FROM: **removed for anonymity** SMTP; Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM"

I have been told that this error occurs because it is not possible to send an e-mail from Designer... The workflow must be ran through a Gallery in order for an e-mail to be sent. Is this correct? If not, how can it be done?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Natalie

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can send emails using designer. Check out the tool mastery page for more information: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Email/ta-p/32129

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @natalieking ,

You can indeed send emails though designer. You just need to have the correct smtp configured on your machine and be sure that your user is capable of sending them from your machine.

If not, check with your IT deparment for them to give you the right authentication configuration for it to work.

Regards

Labels