Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Selecting

sgaryali
8 - Asteroid

I have data of different month i want to filter out for the particular month like I working for July month data I want to filter out for July month.

I tried using filter tool but for that I have to change month in tool every month.

Can we some drop down or something and if we select the particular month it filter outs data for that particular month.

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sgaryali 

Here is how you can do it. You can filter like below to check for current month.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1634910968697.png

Hope this helps : )

sgaryali
8 - Asteroid

Hi
Thank you for your solution.

But by this I will be getting the data of the month in which I am working on it.

Like for October I will get October month data.

But I want some kind of drop down which has option from Jan to Dec and I will be able to select any month in that drop down

Like right now we are in October and I want to select data for July

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sgaryali 

You build an analytic app like below.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1634913417002.png

Hope this helps : )

pdave87
11 - Bolide

@sgaryali hi, attached app can be very useful in such instance. Refer below test screen-print as example. You can perform test run on your data and let us know. Month selection is kept dynamic i.e. the drop-down list will provide the month in list for data that is available. Hope it helps 🙂

pdave87_0-1634913736016.png

pdave87
11 - Bolide

@atcodedog05 sorry, I thought the solution was left open and your responses crossed. Apologies. 

@sgaryali refer @atcodedog05 analytical app. Happy solving!! 🙂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @pdave87 

Chill no issues don't worry about it 🙂. You have done the right thing trying to help. Kudos to you for trying to help that's really amazing and what we want from more people 😀👍

pdave87
11 - Bolide

@atcodedog05 I'm going your notes and adding to my learning. Thanks for your quick replies on community post as many of the questions are complex and I get to learn from your solutions. Super thanks!

Labels