Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Select the same records with a multiple file input and select records in a non sync order

Mikkel94
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have a problem with the select records tool. For my data analysis I need to input specific records from a file in a specific order, not in a synchronical order.

Also I want the same records to be imported for all 350 files (see screenshot).

I hope you can help me!

Mikkel

7 REPLIES 7
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Mikkel94 ,

you could use a Batch Macro to read the files. In the Macro, add a RecordId, use a formula to create an OrderId field (e.g. set the OrderId to 1 for RecordId 42, OrderId 2 for RecordId 37). Then filter only records with an OrderId.  See attached workflow for a (very simple) example.

Best regards

Roland

Mikkel94
7 - Meteor

Hi Roland, 

Thank you for your quick response!

Unfortunately I'm not able to open your example due to version differences of our applications...

Can you provide me with a screenshot?

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Batch Macro:

26-09-_2019_10-10-14.png

Workflow:

26-09-_2019_10-12-40.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Mikkel94 

Open the .yxmd and the .yxmc files that are created after you import the package in Notepad.exe and change the second line to match your version Alteryx

<AlteryxDocument yxmdVer="2019.3"> 

Change the 2019.3 version number to match yours.

Dan

Mikkel94
7 - Meteor

Hi Roland,

Thank you for the sprintscreen. I've created the workflow like you did but for some reason my second file is not included by the formula in the macro.

So the records and sortID work for file A but I want File B, and C etc to have the same order so that the same rows from A, B, C, etc are the output.

I have attached my macro to this reply. Hope you can help. The specific order works perfectly btw!

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Mikkel94 ,

do you pass "*.xlsx" as a parameter to the BatchMacro or single file names? Macro will only work, if you pass the filenames one by one. The mismatch between RecordId and recordnumber in your screenshots is a little bit confusing,

Best regards

Roland

Mikkel94
7 - Meteor

Hi @RolandSchubert ,

I solved my problem with a tile function. This way the order starts over at every file.

See macro in attachment.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Mikkel

Labels