Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Select the data based on simple filtering criteria and send the report to multiple party

Satya78
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I am new to Alteryx and looking for some assistance here. I have a report which currently being generated by an application. Currently this report, operation team after selecting the data based on filtering criteria , select the records and send the report to external party manually couple of times in a day. on average these reports goes to 15  to 20 recipients.

I would like to understand if this is something can be achieved and automate within Alteryx.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Regards

Satya

14 REPLIES 14
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Satya78 

Yes, absolutely. The batch reporting functionality and email tool in the reporting tools can take care of this. If you have some dummy or sample data you can share, we can help you put a workflow together to achieve this.

Satya78
6 - Meteoroid

Hi David,

That's great. Thanks for you speedy response.

I have attached two sample file. First File Dummy Data will contain the full data and 2nd file will contain the list of emails where reports has to be sent.

Here what I want:

1. Read the Dummy Data file and based on filter in column F 'counter party'',that particular set of data needs to send to particular recipient.

2. Email Reference can be found from 2nd excel.

3. I have only provided the data for 2 recepeints . However it  required to be send to 20 +. Do we have any limitation on number of email recipient?

4. For all the receipeint can we store the data in different tab before sending it.

5. We need to send this report twice or thrice a day.

6. Is there any way I can store the data on Sharepoint  or local directory from Alteryx can pick up data or do we need to load the data manualy?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards

Satya

Satya78
6 - Meteoroid
Hi David,
Let me know if you need any additional information?

Regards
Satya
Ashish2812
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Solution.png

This is an app version. User don't need to open the Alteryx File. It will run on the screen and let user choose the email. Then the data related to those emails will be sent. You just need to configure Email Tool as per your company policy.

Hope this work for you.

Thanks

Ashish

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Satya78 

I've mocked up a sample workflow based on the data you provided. I also included some documentation to understand the workflow easier.

DavidP_0-1595235278032.png

I suggest you get this working with static sample data and complete the configuration of the email tool, then look at changing the source of the data. You can certainly point an input data tool to a shared folder or network folder. I don't have personal experience of integrating Alteryx and Sharepoint, but lots of people do it and there is plenty of topics here on the Community relating to Sharepoint.

Here's more info on the email tool.

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.4/Email.htm

Note the bit that says, "For the following settings, either type the relevant information in the field or select the Use Field option to select a field from your data stream that contains valid data. Multiple email addresses can be specified when separated by comma, space, or semicolon."

Satya78
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a lot David,

Let me go through the workflow and get back to you incase of any query.

I really appreciate  your assitance.

Regards

Satya

Satya78
6 - Meteoroid

Hi David

I ran the workflow and getting the error at filter. I have attached the screenshot for your reference.

Also in filter which email I need to mention?

Regards

Satya

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The error is with the configuration of your action tool - I'll need to see more detail of what you're trying to do with it in order to help.

Satya78
6 - Meteoroid

Hi David,

My bad. it works aboslutely fine. Is there any way now to automate these workflow to run few times a day a automatically?

Regards

Satya

Labels