Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Select statement with where condition

jerryc1
6 - Meteoroid

I have combined three data sources and would like to select records from one of the joined tables where the field  name class_1 = commercial. This is the  SQL Expression (select * from ILMSMGR.DM_PLANREV_IO. CLASS_1 where CLASS_1 IN ('COMMERICAL')  I have being trying to use but get the error " Error: Formula In-DB (17): DataWrapOCI: Unable to prepare the query: "WITH "Tool4_83fe." I have attached the complete SQL Expression.

4 REPLIES 4
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @jerryc1 

It looks like it may be this part? Seems like there's an ".)" that's not needed in your expression.

jrgo_0-1630094340386.png

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jerryc1 

The issue appears to involve how you're trying to update that where clause of your query. Are you using Interface tools like a Text Input and Action tool, or something from the data stream with a Dynamic Input tool?

If you could share more about your workflow (even an image) that would help the Community provide feedback. 

jerryc1
6 - Meteoroid

CharlieS (17 - Castor),

I have attached an image of the workflow.

jerryc1
6 - Meteoroid
13 - Pulsar, I made the suggested correction but the error persist                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Labels