Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Select statement with where condition

jerryc1
6 - Meteoroid

I have combined three data sources and would like to select records from one of the joined tables where the field  name class_1 = commercial. This is the  SQL Expression (select * from ILMSMGR.DM_PLANREV_IO. CLASS_1 where CLASS_1 IN ('COMMERICAL')  I have being trying to use but get the error " Error: Formula In-DB (17): DataWrapOCI: Unable to prepare the query: "WITH "Tool4_83fe." I have attached the complete SQL Expression.

4 REPLIES 4
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @jerryc1 

It looks like it may be this part? Seems like there's an ".)" that's not needed in your expression.

jrgo_0-1630094340386.png

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jerryc1 

The issue appears to involve how you're trying to update that where clause of your query. Are you using Interface tools like a Text Input and Action tool, or something from the data stream with a Dynamic Input tool?

If you could share more about your workflow (even an image) that would help the Community provide feedback. 

jerryc1
6 - Meteoroid

CharlieS (17 - Castor),

I have attached an image of the workflow.

jerryc1
6 - Meteoroid
13 - Pulsar, I made the suggested correction but the error persist                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Labels