Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Select field that was unselected previosly

mauricio
8 - Asteroid

Hello guys

I'm working with a dataset with aproximately 120 fields. In many situations I have to split the data in two like this:

mauricio_0-1623958430120.png

All fields that were selected in one side, must be deselected in the other side.

Is there any way to perform thys task dinamicaly?

This became a pretty mundane and prone to error task.

Regards!

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @mauricio 

Is there any criteria being used that dictates which fields get selected? If there's logic the dynamic select tool could potentially help (i.e. select everything starting with ABC). There's a few other things I could think of but without some sample of the data it's tough to say.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you transpose the data and filter by [name]? that's usually the obvious solution... Without knowing the format of the column names and the methodology of which fields get selected when - it's a bit hard to say.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @mauricio - You may want to explore the Dynamic Select tool: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/dynamic-select-tool

For example, you can do the following:

ArtApa_0-1624241340068.png

ArtApa_1-1624241398908.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@ArtApay'know what would make your totally awesome solution even easier... A false anchor from the dynamic select tool... hmm....

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Dynamic-Select-Formula-Mode-False-Anchor/idc...

mauricio
8 - Asteroid

@ArtApa, your soluction is not ideal but it is much better than the way I was doing it.

@apathetichell The false anchor in the dynamic select tool would be perfect!

@Luke_C  Unfortunately there is not a clear logic to apply to each field.

Labels