Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Select Tool - with a formula, possible? Or a better solution possible?

mikedesena
7 - Meteor

Hello, new and posting again. Thank you for your help and patience. 

I am trying to take financial statements that run vertically and have company name in row 1 and all information below. I only need 10 companies so I was using the "Select tool" to manually select each company I need. Given that requests change over time and there are hundreds to scroll through - is there any more efficient way to do a "select"? I was thinking a formula similar to how filter works.

If i am not clear I could post more information. Thank you again

2 REPLIES 2
tcroberts
12 - Quasar

You should take a look at the Dynamic Select tool, configured to use a formula. If you can provide a sample dataset I could try and put something together to make it more clear.

Let me know if this helps,

Cheers!

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Another option might be to use a Transpose tool, depending on how big your data is.

That way you could transpose by company name, and use a filter to select everything else

Labels