Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Select Multiple Records from Filtered Data and Populate Select Records Tool

Gem_Low
5 - Atom

Hi, 

As part of the workflow I am building, I require the use to review records which have been identified as potential duplicates, select any records which should be retained and join these back into the main data set. The data is for a quarterly VAT return process therefore any manual manipulation to the main data set to tag or remove the duplicates is not allowed due to HMRC Making Tax Digital Legislation. 

I have created a workflow (see screenshot below) trying to use the list function to allow the user to select the records to be retained before using the action app to update the select records tool. However, the list function is only displaying the field headings and no matter what I try I cannot get the list tool to display the records. I have ruled out (possible incorrectly) using the radial button or drop down tools as the number of records will vary each quarter. 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 

Thank you.

Gem 

Gem_Low_0-1591276847604.png

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelLaRose
10 - Fireball

Hi Gem_Low,

I am not sure, but I believe that you are trying to get the Mapping Ref values into the list instead of the field headers.

If so you can use the attached app to do that.

Note: I changed the input reference so that it points to a file in the same folder.

If I was wrong about what you were trying to do let me know.

Best,

Michael  

Gem_Low
5 - Atom

Hi Michael, 

Thank you as the list box is now showing what I need it to. The problem I am having now is that I am receiving a parse error when I run the workflow you attached. I am running an earlier version of Alteryx - is this likely to be the cause of the error?

Gem_Low_0-1591372872962.png

Thanks again.

Gem 

MichaelLaRose
10 - Fireball

Hi Gem,

I was able to change the behavior so that it should work without any issues.

Instead of selecting the records it filters the data by the selected records.

Best,

Michael

Gem_Low
5 - Atom

Hi Michael, 

That is working perfectly now. Thanks again for your help!

Gem 

Labels