Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Select ALL records tied to an ID if any one record contains a value

vertika
6 - Meteoroid

Hello

I have the dataset as under.  I want to select ALL records tied to a Record ID if any of the rows have 'SEA' in either Origin or Destination. 

For example, Record ID has 3 rows. Only two rows tied to Record ID 1 have SEA in either Origin or Destination, but I want to select ALL three rows. Record ID 2 has no rows that contain SEA in any of its two columns, so I want to filter that out. Record ID 3 has only one row that contains SEA as destination, but I want to select all 3 rows connected to record ID 3.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Record IDOriginDestination

SEAXNA
1MSPCLL
1CLLSEA
2LAXCLL
2HOULAX
3JFKAUS
3LAXAUS
3MSPSEA
2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Filter tool to identify the rows with SEA in Origin or Destination, then a group by to get the unique record IDs that have SEA in the rows, then a join tool to pass through records where SEA applies to one or more of the rows. Workflow is attached!

SEA workflow.png

vertika
6 - Meteoroid

THANK YOU! 

This worked perfectly!

Labels