Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Secret behind the TS Plot 13?

Erin
9 - Comet

Hi community,

I am new to Time Series and having issues with a TS Plot in the attached. We have here 18 weeks of daily data. We will be forecasting by day, which I know limits some of the plot visibility. On the seasonality, I am seeing 13 lines and unsure what these 13 lines represent. Any ideas? 

BronzeFox_0-1630450535437.png

Again, I am new to Time Series. Any help is much appreciated! I did watch the recorded live training for Time Series Modeling, and all the interactive TS trainings, and read the Alteryx help articles - but still haven't figured out the secret behind the 13.

2 REPLIES 2
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Erin 

My guess is that each colour stands for a single week and the reason why you can only see 13 out of the 18 colours is probably because this is how many coloured boxes can fit in the given space.

If you take a look at the R anchor of your Seasonal TS plot tool, you will see a graph looking like the below

AngelosPachis_0-1630474795087.png

where you can see some numbers like 17 and 14 standing out. You might be able to observer this in the first TS plot tool, if you zoom in enough

AngelosPachis_1-1630474987283.png

Notice how orange/brown and dark blue appear twice, and if you count the lines they are more than 13.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

Erin
9 - Comet

Thank you @AngelosPachis ! Appreciate it! 

Labels