community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More
We will be upgrading the Gallery to our 2019.4 release this Saturday, December 7th beginning at 9:00am MT. We expect the outage to take last approx. 2.5 hours.

Seasonality configuration in TS Forecast Factory tool

Highlighted
Atom

Hi all,

I was able to create forecast for multiple categories at one time in my alteryx model.

But unlike, single category TS forecast in Arima method, i was not able to select D=1 in 'TS Forecast Factory tool' to include seasonality in the model.

Below is the snapshot. Any help is highly appreciated.

Can someone shed some light?

image.png

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @brad567,

The reason this configuration option is not present in the TS Model Factory tool is due to the fact that each group would most likely require a different model, so it wouldn't be ideal to make a specification like this for every group. Also, the underlying algorithm does check whether or not a differenced variable would be ideal. However, if you are certain that differencing your variable would make it stationary (for every group), you could try manually creating  the differenced variable using a multi-row formula tool.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Hoss

Hoss Carroll
Customer Support Engineer
Alteryx
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello HossC,

Can you provide an example of how to use multi-row to create differenced variable? Or any pictorial representation of what the data would look like would help a lot.

Thanks,

Judy

Labels