Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Searching multi-keywords by search query with booleans AND/OR/NOT in one text box on App

Boontida
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I try to build the App for user to search the keyword by using the search query containing the boolean search, i.e., AND, OR, NOT. The user is able to put the search query (free style with using any booleans, i.e., AND / OR / NOT) in one text box on app and then it will return all records according to the search query.

However, the complex of search query containing multi-booleans that can be free-style from user in one text box is my problem. 

For example,

Search query:   (cat OR dog OR (home AND family)) AND (tree OR flower OR (garden AND (fruit OR vetgetable))) 

From the example, I would like to set that the words  AND / OR / NOT /  ( )   are not the searching text but these words are boolean search.

As described above, I don't know how to configure it. Now I read from the topic discussion in community and I find the topic for setting the interface app for searching multi-keywords with only "OR" boolean by using multiline in text box. 

I hope that you can help or guide me on the solution for this problem.

Thank you very much.

4 REPLIES 4
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Can you give us some screenshots of tool configurations/examples?

Boontida
7 - Meteor

Dear @mbarone

Thank you very much. 🙂

My some screenshots of tool configurations/examples has been attached herewith.

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

See if this helps.  It converts the input you've given into a search string, and then applies that to a text field.  If it works for you, you can convert to an app by changing the text inputs as appropriate.

At no point do I check the validity of the statement though, it relies on the user providing a valid string.  You might also need to make some changes to handle NOT statements, e.g. a final replace function to swap NOT for !

Christina_Hurrell_0-1636023920916.png

Boontida
7 - Meteor

Thanks @Christina_Hurrell

However, after I try to connect with the text box interface and change the search query to other patterns such as (cat AND the), there is analytic app errors. 

The free-style search query in the text box (on the interface) is still not working. 

Could you guide me to fix this problem

Thank you in advance.

Boontida_1-1636075920766.png

Boontida_0-1636075398147.png

Labels