Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Search/Find in Output Windows or Browse Tool

PeterPetersen
8 - Asteroid

I often need to check a certain row or cell in my data as a sanity check. For this purpose I often want to search for a specific customer number or something similar, and then see if that customer number has the expected turnover or something. The only way I know how to do this currently is by outputting the data to a file, and then searching that file. This seems unecessarily time-consuming because I would like to just use a search function in the output window or browse tool. Is this not possible?

4 REPLIES 4
DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Hi @PeterPetersen

There's no function to search the browse/output window, but you could use a Filter before a browse tool to accomplish the same thing? Just be sure to make the condition specific enough to get the result you need.

Theo
5 - Atom

This should absolutely be a feature - I end up copying data to a excel tab to search more often than not as filters clog up the workflow and re-running the workflow with each different filter often takes a long time.

CorCor
8 - Asteroid

Blech.  Surely since this has been posted a search function has been produced?

DataBlender
11 - Bolide

It took 2 years @CorCor, but it's now possible in 2019.2 🙂🙂

http://downloads.alteryx.com/betawh_xnext/Getting_Started/Output.htm

Labels