Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Search/Find in Output Windows or Browse Tool

PeterPetersen
8 - Asteroid

I often need to check a certain row or cell in my data as a sanity check. For this purpose I often want to search for a specific customer number or something similar, and then see if that customer number has the expected turnover or something. The only way I know how to do this currently is by outputting the data to a file, and then searching that file. This seems unecessarily time-consuming because I would like to just use a search function in the output window or browse tool. Is this not possible?

4 REPLIES 4
DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Hi @PeterPetersen

There's no function to search the browse/output window, but you could use a Filter before a browse tool to accomplish the same thing? Just be sure to make the condition specific enough to get the result you need.

Theo
5 - Atom

This should absolutely be a feature - I end up copying data to a excel tab to search more often than not as filters clog up the workflow and re-running the workflow with each different filter often takes a long time.

CorCor
8 - Asteroid

Blech.  Surely since this has been posted a search function has been produced?

DataBlender
11 - Bolide

It took 2 years @CorCor, but it's now possible in 2019.2 🙂🙂

http://downloads.alteryx.com/betawh_xnext/Getting_Started/Output.htm

Labels