Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduling workflows

Sharmila1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi I want to schedule a job in alteryx. Could any one pls help me with this

14 REPLIES 14
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Sharmila1 

You can find more about how to run a workflow on a schedule in our help.

Also please note, that you will need either an add on license to Alteryx Designer (Desktop Automation) or Alteryx Server in order schedule workflows.

Michal

Sharmila1
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the reply, I am able to schedule work flow. When the output is SQL I am getting the issue as "Unable to translate alias". Not sure what is the reason behind it. since i could able to update the data in SQL

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Sharmila1

Could you please confirm whether you're using Desktop automation or Alteryx Server to schedule workflows?

Thanks!

Sharmila1
6 - Meteoroid

Alteryx Designer. Could you please tell me how to resolve unable to translate alias

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

If this is an ODBC alias, you need to make sure this is configured as a System Alias

system-dsn.png

If you're configuring this via Alteryx, make sure you run the Designer as admin and configure the connection as System as well

system-sql.png

By default, the schedules are executed using 'local' account which may not have access to connections you've configured under your user. Another alternative would be to configure what's called a 'Run as' user - Options > Advanced Options > System Settings

run-as.png

Sharmila1
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your response. 

First point: My output was SQL, In which my data shuld be saved. By normal run it is getting loaded. But through controller(Schedule Workflow) I am getting "Unable to translate alias"

Second Point: Run as , I have added my domain and Credentials. But it is saying "Unvalid user"

Third Point: I am running it as admin but cannot change to "System" the drop down for user, system not getting highlighted. If it get changed to System. I hope it works. But could not. I have selected allow system alias in System Settings. 

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Could you please share a screenshot of Help > About section of your Alteryx Designer?

help.png

about.png

Sharmila1
6 - Meteoroid

FYI

Capture.PNG

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

The reference to "non-elevated" means that you're not running Alteryx as an administrator. If you close the designer and start it again by right-clicking on the application shortcut and selecting Run as administrator, this will elevate your access and will allow you to create system-wide database aliases.

elevated.png

Labels