Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduling on set times

brad_j_crep
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way in scheduling to set a workflow to run every 28 days?  I'd like it to start from todays date and run ... for as long as it needs.  I don't see anything right now that lets me run a workflow every 28 days (which is one fiscal period) unless I set up each day in custom.  Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

Brad

6 REPLIES 6
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Brad,

You should be able to set this up with a configuration similar to below. You can set todays date and the end day that you wish. 

111.png

Best,

Jordan Barker

Client Service Support Engineer

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

But the actual date of the month will change since it is every 28 days. 

Not sure we have an option to accommodate fiscal timing like that.

brad_j_crep
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Jordan but I'm not sure if I explained myself good enough.  I don't want it to run on the 28th necessarily but after 28 days.  It would run today then the next day it would run is April 1st then the next day is April 29th and so on.  This reads to me that the app would run on the 28th of each month.  So the next time it would run on April 28th then May 28th.  Is that correct or am I reading this all wrong?

Thanks,

Brad

PS I want it to run like the first instance, today, April1st, April28th and so on.

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Brad,

So unfortunatly I do not think that functionality is avaliable at present. This would be a great suggestion for the ideas page on the community http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ideas. 

I think the closes option would be the 28th day of every month. 

If you have any more questiosn please do not hesitate to reach out,

Best,

Jordan Barker

Client Services Support Engineer

brad_j_crep
8 - Asteroid

If I did individual scheduling for each time it needs to run, is there a maximum times I can schedule something out?  Say for the next three years.

Thanks, 

Brad

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Nope you will be able to scheule out for the next three years and longer if needed. Just use the interactive calender to set the day, month and year. 

Best,

Labels