Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduling of Workflow

Karthik_7694
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have created a workflow in Alteryx Designer and have used Interactive charts module in my workflow. I have specifically used Report Table function in my workflow.

I want this workflow to be scheduled in Alteryx Gallery/Server. Can any one guide me if this workflow can be scheduled in gallery/server. If so how can we move it from designer to gallery.

Also I need to schedule the workflow in such a way this report needs to run at the start and end of each quarter.It will be of great help if some one guides me on this.

Thanks,

Karthik

1 REPLY 1
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Hi @Karthik_7694 

Hope this will help:

Get your workflow from Designer to the gallery:

2 ways to do that: 

- Options -> Schedule Workflow -> My Company's Gallery 

- File -> Save as -> Private Gallery -> My Company's Gallery

Both options will give you this screen: 

Sebastiaandb_0-1628832246764.png

Make sure that if you have any input or macro files in your workflow that you either attach them to your workflow (workflow assets) or give them a UNC path  (see options -> Advanced Options -> workflow dependencies), for this to work the worker user (service account of your Alteryx worker server) needs to have access to the folders so this might take some more effort. For your output it would mean the same, the worker user account needs to have access to the folder and the filepath needs to be UNC. 

The most important part is managing those assets the right way :-). 

On the gallery:

Sebastiaandb_1-1628832466527.png

Go to your private studio and select the workflow you just uploaded. 

You will see the "Schedule" button. Be advised, it's a good thing to just run the workflows once you uploaded them just to make sure they'll work on the gallery (check all assets and the right access). 

Schedule the workflow every quarter

Sebastiaandb_2-1628832586976.png

Once you pressed the schedule button, select "Custom". There you can just select the 4 months that you want to use as your quarterly interval (f.e. the first of march, june, sept, dec :-).

If you get to this point, you have succesfully scheduled your flow to run every quarter :-). 

Labels