Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduling data load to snowflake workflow

ronniet7626
6 - Meteoroid

I currently have setup ODBC connections to Snowflake. I can run a data upload workflow on Designer with no issues by entering my credentials to establish the connection.

However when I try to schedule the workflow in Gallery it fails with an error :

Error SQLPrepare: SQL compilation error: Object "xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx" does not exist or not authorised (Tool ID: 6)

I am assuming that it is because there is no way of entering the Snowflake credentials when scheduling in Gallery.

Gallery is currently running on a different host to where Designer is running, current version of both Designer and Gallery is 2019.1.6.58192

Is it possible to add a credentials file as an asset to the workflow, and make sure that the Gallery server has access to the credentials file?

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @ronniet7626 ,

Have you tried to saving the connections into the gallery directly? When you enter as an admin there is on the left a menu called connections where you can set them up either as SQL, Oracle or as a string.

If you save the connection parameters as a string there you should be able to test the connection and after use it for your workflow.

Regards

ronniet7626
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @afv2688 

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have already added the data connection on the admin panel in Gallery.

The issue is that when I run the workflow in Designer I have to enter credentials to connect to the Snowflake server manually.

When I try to schedule the workflow from Gallery which is running on a different host there is no way to pass the credentials needed to access the Snowflake server.

I need some way of getting Gallery to pick up the credentials and use them.

Any other suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

Ronnie 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @ronniet7626 ,

Could it be possible to enter the credentials using some interface tools? Like two text boxes, one for the username and one for the password?

You can on the textbox interface tool check the (Password) setting so that it's not seen what the user types.

Regards

ronniet7626
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @afv2688 

Thanks for your help, I believe I have solved the issue by adding the credentials to the data connection in the Gallery admin console.

Then adding myself and other users to the data connection.

Now when saving the Workflow on the Designer, I have the option of selecting the Gallery saved connection.

The issue was I had tried adding the connection as a system connection on the Designer server, instead of setting it up on the Gallery server and sharing it from there.

Labels