Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduling alteryx workflow while using sharepoint as a datasource

DeepakKrish
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have an Alteryx designer with scheduler license running on version 11.7. As of now I was scheduled three workflows which are using data sources as an oracle, SQL and excel files, all the workflows are running without failure except which one using Sharepoint excel file as a data source.

I don't know why it's not really working except others are running successfully.

Please anyone help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Deepak

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @DeepakKrish,

How are you accessing the file on sharepoint? If you're using the Input tool and using a path generated from SharePoint please note this is not an officially supported method and while some users have success it won't necessarily work in all cases.

That said, if that method works locally for you chances are it's a permissions issue. The AlteryxService that runs the Scheduler runs under a generic system account unless a specific Run As account is specified in the System Settings. It may be that this setting needs to be set up in order to access your file via Scheduler.

If those suggestions don't help, you can always send an email to support@alteryx.com with screen shots of any errors along with the version of  Alteryx you are using for our support team to take a look.

kaosrules88
7 - Meteor

We seemed to be having a similar type of issue with reading SharePoint libraries but only on scheduled jobs.  Was the system setting the solution?

Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

we've managed to work around pulling files from Sharepoint by mapping the Sharepoint site as a drive on your computer (i.e.Map a network drive)  however; this isn't working to write to the sharepoint drive...if anyone has any ideas? (the error i'm getting is "Unable to open file for write....this file is checked out or locked for editing" (which it isn't..as far as i can tell..) if anyone has any ideas of what i'm missing..i'm all ears))

DeepakKrish
7 - Meteor

you could not schedule the workflows if your input files are coming from sharepoint. You can use microsoft one drive for business instead of SP. same files will be reflect when you update any files in sharepoint ..

NatSnook
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AndrewL 

Is there any update as to whether alteryx now supports accessing sharepoint directories with a scheduled workflow on server?

We can get it to work locally in designer but cannot seem to get it working on server at all.

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi All,

We have the same issue we are using share point version 2013 and we use the SharePoint List Input tool but we could schedule the workflow in Alteryx server but he workflow is using my  windows login username and password and we don't want use my username and pwd rather we want to use the Alteryx service account.

But here is no solution from the Alteryx community and some of the references says that we need to provide the Alteryx service account ' Site collection admin'  in the share point server but even though if we give the service account with site collection admin privileges

do we need to put in a pwd because the SharePoint list input tool configuration ask for the pwd.

Is it possible to schedule the workflow in the Alteryx server without the pwd.,

Any thoughts from the expert.

gillelaganesh
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the information. you mean, Alteryx flow doesn't support to generate an output file (Excel) in SharePoint (Online) document library. 

We have been trying to push the output file into sharepoint document library by using Alteryx automation flow. we are getting the error like " You can't access the folder". Same error snip has been added attachments list. 

We can be able to run it manually, But while trying to execute it automatically it gets out with error. Kindly suggest over this.

Thanks!

Regards,

G Ganesh.

Labels