Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduling Workflows with Data Connections

shakir_juolay
8 - Asteroid

I am new to Alteryx and this is the first time I am trying to schedule a workflow. For starters my workflow has just an Input Data that is reading from Teradata.

I tried three variants for the connections and in each I specified odbc: prefix, Driver name, DBCName, Uid, Pwd and AUTHENTICATION=LDAP.

The variations are as follows

1. ODBC Data connection was created in Gallery and actual password was typed, which was encrypted automatically by the GUI
  2. ODBC Data connection was created in Gallery and Teradata Wallet was used for the password, which was encrypted automatically by the GUI
  3. ODBC Data connection was created in Designer and actual password was typed, which was encrypted automatically by the GUI

All three were successfully used in Designer installed on client machine and the workflow with single Input Data ran without errors. Also the first two were successfully used in Designer installed on the server machine.

Now when I try to schedule this workflow from Designer installed on client machine it first goes to save the workflow in company private gallery. There it fails with message Error: The user name or password is incorrect (1326)

What am I doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Kakuffo
Alteryx
Alteryx

HI @shakir_juolay  Is the server installed on a different machine to the Designer? if so it may be that the Server machine needs the data connection set up in ODBC data sources first.

This article should help you trobleshoot

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Error-The-user-name-or-password-is-in...

shakir_juolay
8 - Asteroid

The Server is single machine, with controller, worker and gallery on single machine.

I am not using DSN so setting up ODBC on Server is out of the question.

Also as mentioned earlier the Gallery Connections worked on Designer installed on Client as well as Server.

Kakuffo
Alteryx
Alteryx

ok, if it has worked previously using the same server than it should be an issue perhaps with the connection on the company gallery.

DO you have Administrtor rights or know who does, i believe a connection would need to be set up on the server. The link below covers this. 
https://help.alteryx.com/20212/designer/manage-data-connections

Once established this will need to work with an existing connection that is configured on the server. This could be an Service level account or personal access. However the input data tool(s) used in the workflow must be matching whatever is in place on the server credentials etc.

shakir_juolay
8 - Asteroid

I have Admin rights on the Server.

On the client I do not, so using a Non-Admin Designer.

In the three options I have mentioned in the beginning of the post, option 1 and option 2 are connections created by me as Admin and shared to me.

shakir_juolay
8 - Asteroid

Thank You @Kakuffo I followed the instructions on the below link you provided. I had to change the password for the Worker Run as Account in Alteryx System Settings in the Server.

Error The user name or password is incorrect 1326 - Alteryx Community

Since I was doing it for the first time and also had a ODBC Connection String in it I was miss guided in thinking the error is due to the ODBC Connection String. I realized this when my Workflow had just a single Text Input Tool and getting the same error.

Labels