Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Schedules for email

TabsheerMohamed
7 - Meteor

Hello community,
I am stuck with an issue which is something like this:

I wanted to run a workflow from Monday to Friday and followed by next week Monday I want the workflow to send out emails. Is anyone can help me on this?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @TabsheerMohamed 

Would you please elaborate on what you need help with?

Alteryx - using Email tool - can help you send emails.

Alteryx Server - if you have it - can help you schedule this workflow so it runs according to your timeline.

Cheers!

TabsheerMohamed
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow which already has the email tool on it, and I am able to run the schedules every day, but I wanted to do something like the workflow can run every day and the email should send out only on every Monday.

Thank you so much for your response.

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

How about a filter before your email tool that will only allow records through on Mondays?

DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%a")="Mon"

TabsheerMohamed
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much, I will try this one!

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @TabsheerMohamed 

I use the config like this here, maybe showing the image can help. If its monday, then we have a row passing through the filter and the append tool works, the email is then sent. If it is not monday, the append tool do not let rows go to the email tool, so there is no email.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1674740621800.png

TabsheerMohamed
7 - Meteor

Thank you, Felipe! It works well.

roige_28
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I am also trying to schedule an email that will be sent after every quarter ends. Like if the quarter ends on March 31 then email will be sent on April 1. Is that possible?

Labels