Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Check out our powerful new search update! You can read more here. Please let us know if you have any feedback by creating a topic here.

Scheduler not working

Highlighted
Meteor

Hello, 

My subject is vague but so is my problem. When i try to schedule a job, usually I test a minute or two after current time, nothing happens and there are no errors triggered but it works as is within designer. The workflow is the following, connected to a sql database, create points, export .shp on a shared drive using UNC path, and email said files. I am choosing to run original location on disc w/in the scheduler and I have also set settings to run as a different user (which is me) as suggested from other posts. My current thought is when I chose test in workflow dependencies, the instance related to my sql connection becomes red but no other info is provided. 

Can anyone help with this?

Cheers, 

Jack

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jstewart,

If your SQL connection is a user DSN or is using Windows Auth, you will need to set a 'Run As' user with your credentials. To do so, follow the instructions here.

Thanks,

Amelia

Highlighted
Meteor

Amelia, 

Thanks for the suggestion but I have already done this as mentioned in my post. One error however that I am not fully understanding is when testing my workflow dependencies my sql connection comes back with, "Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0.".

Thanks, 

Jack 

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jstewart,

Hm that is interesting. Can you show me an example of what your SQL connection looks like in workflow dependencies?

Thanks!

Amelia

Labels