Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduler not running the updated workflow

Watsa
8 - Asteroid

I updated a workflow after it had been added to the schedule.  Do I need to click update the workflow in 'View Schedules' or delete the old one and add it again before the next run? It looks like the run did not pick up the updated workflow.

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Watsa It sounds like you are using the legacy scheduler (as opposed to the new gallery scheduling that can be enabled in an 11.0 private Alteryx server). In that case, you would indeed need to delete the old schedule and schedule a new one with your updated flow. Let me know if you are using a private Alteryx server and want different options for getting around this inconvenience.

Watsa
8 - Asteroid

Yes, I forgot to mention that I use Alteryx 11.0 with scheduler license.  So that said I have to delete the old schedule and schedule a new one with the updated workflow. Thank you very much.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Watsa,

Did this get you to a working solution?   If so, would you mind marking this as solved - or if not, let's iterate together to get to a solution?

Thanks @Watsa

Sean

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Just to clarify here,

If you use Scheduling from the gallery then updating the published version will update what is scheduled.

If you are using the Legacy/Traditional Scheduling function from the GUI,

If the workflow is scheduled to 'Run from Disk', then you should just update the workflow at that location.

If the Workflow is scheduled to 'Run from Scheduler DB' then you can hit the Update App, Workflow or Package button on the Workflows tab of the scheduling window. 

You should not have to delete the Workflow/Schedule and re-add it unless you want to change the times that it is scheduled.

Kane

Labels