Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Scheduler doesnt save logs

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

Anyone knows how to make the Designer Scheduler (not the server one) build logs like the Designer does (txt saved on folder)?

I think we have everthing configured properly in the Scheduler but we cant figure out why it doesnt build the txt while if we run a manual workflow it does. Any ideas?

Controller General.png

1 REPLY 1
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I know this is not an option with regular designer, but I would've expected to to be with "desktop automation" designer (i.e., designer with scheduling).

If you go forward in your screen shot to the "Engine", "General" section, there is a place to enter a directory for logging.  Try doing that and see if the settings will save.  In regular designer they will not; you'd get an error since it's not Server.  But I'm not sure with designer scheduler.  If you get the error then logging isn't possible through the settings unfortunately.

However, this article might provide information that could lead to a workaround:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/How-to-Look-at-Designer-Usage-without-an-Alteryx-serve...

Good luck!

Labels