Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduler Errors When Manual Run is Successful

FFFool
9 - Comet

I have several workflows I'm trying to set up with the scheduler, and they keep failing. 

This is probably my simplest workflow: 

Manual Run - Success

Scheduled to run once(Both on local disk and with copy in scheduler db) - Success

Scheduled Nightly run - Fails. 

In setting up this nightly run, I've had to move the workflow from my work computer, to a desktop shared by my team, so the flow can run while we are not in the office. 

The error says that the input cannot access a file path that is pointing to my work computer, but all of the file paths in the workflow have been changed to the shared team desktop. I'm not sure where it is getting the path that says to look at my computer. 

When I go into dependencies in the workflow, there are no references to my desktop. I believe there may have been when I first scheduled it, but I saw that failure and fixed it. I then deleted the schedule and rescheduled with the saved fixed workflow(of the same name). Is the copy in the scheduler somehow retaining old information that doesn't exist anymore? Is there a way that I can go in and remove the copy saved in the scheduler?

I am having somewhat similar issues with every workflow I have scheduled. They all run successfully when run manually(Even got rid of every warning), but are erroring out when connecting to sharepoint drives when they are scheduled. The others have some issues when scheduled to run just once, as well, though. 

9 REPLIES 9
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi FFFool,

There are a couple of things to check here.

1. The main place that this address could be is inside a macro as the default data. That is the first place to check.

2. Run the workflow on the machine that it is being scheduled on and make sure that it runs correctly, then go to the scheduler and update the workflow. So, instead of deleting and replacing the workflow, use the option on the workflows tab for "Update workflow or package". It shouldn't make a difference to deleting and re-adding it, but it is something to try.

Note: When the scheduler runs, it uses the system user to run the workflow and so if that system user does not have permission to see a network drive, that will cause an error. Generally, if there is any network connections, you will have to set the 'Run As' on the worker in System Settings.

Kane

scott_elliott
7 - Meteor

Hi Kane,

Getting a similar issue with a workflow that runs fine when run manually but when I schedule it overnight it returns with errors that the in-db connectors are not working.

Is this a config issue?

Scott

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Scott,

That depends on the error. Most often this is because the In-DB Alias is not set up with the same name on the Scheduler. 

If that isn't the case, Can you post the error?

Kane

Dean_dup_87
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having the same issue.  I tried setting the Worker to run as a different user to no avail.  Here's the message I'm getting.  --Dean

Capture.PNG

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dean,

That definitely looks like User credentials but if you have tried setting the Run As user already, then I'm not sure. Can you please contact support and someone will be able to investigate further.

Has
5 - Atom

Hi, I keep getting this error when using events on a scheduled workflow. The event is basically to run a VBA workbook which outputs an excel file into PDF. This works fine on a manual run process but errors on schedule? 

The excel EXE is stored on local C drive however the workbook is on the network. All paths on that are UNC. Again works fine on manual but not on scheduler. please help!

alteryx scheduler error.PNG

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Has,

And is the Run-As user set to the same user that you use when running manually?

Has
5 - Atom

Yes it's the same user. This happenes with any batch file or .exe file that i use as an event and run in scheduler..

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Try changing the event address to UNC?

Labels