Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Schedule error for shared drive paths

gantaanvesh1
6 - Meteoroid

Hello community,

I have multiple workflows which i have schedules on daily basis and the destination path is (network shared drives) in the schedule results it is giving me an (cant access the folder or access denied) but when am executing the workflow manually results populating the destination paths.

Also i am using macro in the workflow for reading xlsx even that has giving me the error like (Cannot find the macro) all these are working fine when am executing manually

Can someone help me to solve the issue.

gantaanvesh1_0-1580110837309.png

8 REPLIES 8
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @gantaanvesh1,

Regarding the first error it seems that your workflow is trying to search the macro on the same path. If you are working on your designer and later uploading into the gallery be sure that the paths are correctly defined to avoid errors.

Do you have the same problems doing those tasks on the designer on the server?

Regards

gantaanvesh1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Alex,

The same workflow when am executing manually without any error i am getting the results also i can upload to shared drives as well.. 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @gantaanvesh1 

When workflows are scheduled in the gallery, they run with the permissions of Alteryx service account that is configured on the server.  This account needs to have permissions to the shared drive.

Macros have to be installed on the server as well.  Check out this post 

Dan

gantaanvesh1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @danilang 

I am not publishing the workflows to gallery, we dont have server , we have only designer and desktop scheduler from that i am scheduling workflows 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @gantaanvesh1 

The same applies to Designer with Scheduler.  Check out this post on configuring the scheduler component especially the Run the Worker as a Different User screen.  Make sure the user entered here has the permissions to the shared drives and also the drive where your macros are installed.  If you're using your user account, remember to update the config when you change your password

Dan

gantaanvesh1
6 - Meteoroid

hi @danilang 

All the oher scheduled  workflows are working fine and now shared drive issue also resolved, server team provided the access to network drives, now only error i am getting regarding macro. same workflow executing on desktop without error, but in the schedules only facing issue.

gantaanvesh1_0-1580130366949.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @gantaanvesh1 

There are various ini files stored in C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\AddOnData\Macros.  Make sure that these contain UNC paths if the macros are not stored locally.

Dan

gantaanvesh1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @danilang 

Thanks and it is working fine now ..

Labels