Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scenario Combinations

iellingsonbg
6 - Meteoroid

I have been stuck on this for a day now, it seems so simple but I am struggling to find the solution.  I am looking to create all possible scenarios based upon two options. 

Example 1

My Data

Option 1Option 2
AppleOn
OrangeOff

Desired Outcome

ScenarioOption 1Option 2
1AppleOn
1OrangeOn
2AppleOn
2OrangeOff
3AppleOff
3OrangeOn
4AppleOff
4OrangeOff

Example 2

My Data

Option 1Option 2
AppleOn
OrangeOff
Cherry 

Desired Outcome

ScenarioOption 1Option 2
1AppleOn
1OrangeOn
1CherryOn
2AppleOn
2OrangeOn
2CherryOff
3AppleOn
3OrangeOff
3CherryOn
4AppleOn
4OrangeOff
4CherryOff
5AppleOff
5OrangeOn
5CherryOn
6AppleOff
6OrangeOn
6CherryOff
7AppleOff
7OrangeOff
7CherryOn
8AppleOff
8OrangeOff
8CherryOff
5 REPLIES 5
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@iellingsonbg  the append fields tool would be a tool of interest in this use case. let me know if you run into any issues.

Digan
Alteryx
iellingsonbg
6 - Meteoroid

@DiganP wrote:

@iellingsonbg  the append fields tool would be a tool of interest in this use case. let me know if you run into any issues.

Yes I have tried the append fields as this seems the natural solution but I have been unable to find the correct pattern to get it to produce the desired result.

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@iellingsonbg I attached a sample workflows, hopefully that helps. 

Digan
Alteryx
iellingsonbg
6 - Meteoroid

This works perfectly for the 2 fruit.  However when I introduce the 3rd fruit my scenarios do not line up properly (even when modifying to include 3 options per scenario rather than just 2).

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@iellingsonbg,

I solved this for a dynamic set of option 1 items and a fixed set of On/Off values.  I'm happy to share my solution with you if you private message me.  I'd like to suggest this as a weekly challenge to Alteryx @JoeM .

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels