Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Saving To Gallery - Error filtering variable created in a macro

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

I created a workflow that works fine, but when I try to save it to my gallery I get an error:

Tool 62 - "Parse error at char(1): Unknown variable "marketCode".

Tool 62 is a filter tool I have immediately after a macro I created. The macro creates "marketCode", which then passes the information to the filter, and it works fine. It seems that when saving to the gallery Alteryx doesn't know that "marketCode" will be generated by the macro and therefore thinks that the filter is looking for something that doesn't exist. 

Is there a way around this? Do I have to generate a dummy "marketCode" column of Nulls to trick it?

This image shows what I'm looking at. The save window slightly coverse the macro I created, and the filter just to the right is the one that errors. My results window is looking at the output of the macro, showing that "marketCode" is in fact there.AlteryxError.png

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@StephenMack Although there were errors when it validated your workflow, it does say that the save was complete and you can click the view in browser button. So although the error is incorrect and annoying, you can still run your app just fine on the gallery (assuming there is nothing else funny going on). You can also uncheck the "validate workflow then save" box when saving to your gallery to avoid getting any errors. 

Feel free to submit a product idea to have them look at ways to address the issue, if possible.

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

Thanks I noticed later that it actually did save to the gallery, I guess I looked too quickly at first. This isn't really an issue, I just wanted to make sure I had a good clean workflow going since I plan on building onto this in the future, and little things like this still trip me up now and again.

Everything seems to be working fine, thanks!

Labels