Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Saving Draft Email in Outlook draft mailbox

Bellamm
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have created a process to draft more than 50 emails which contains a table with different figures, however I encountered 2 main issues need help:

1. Due to information security issue, we are not allowed to send external email directly, therefore we were required to save the draft emails in outlook draft mailbox, is it feasible to do by Alteryx?

2. The table contains figures extracted from another input, however, figures in 2 decimal places are shown as 10 decimal places, and the figures in % format are now shown as 0. May I ask why would it happen? and how can I resolve it?

Thanks very much for your help!

Best regards,

Bella

3 REPLIES 3
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

1. I'm not aware of a way to do this directly. The only path I can imagine is to send the email to yourself, and use a Run Command tool to call cscript to execute a VBA macro for Outlook to copy the emails to your Outlook. This would be no small task to take on. 

2, When you say "table", did you create this output using the Table tool to create an Layout snippet? If so, the table tool has per column configuration settings that allow you to set decimal places on numeric field or append prefix/suffix characters. I recommend using the Table tool or you will have to edit the fields into strings so you can specify the decimal places and suffix values. 

Bellamm
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Charlies S,

I think ill take a look on the VBA macro option for the email later on. If I use Run Command tool to copy the emails to my outlook, would it be able to add on distribution list as well?

Yea and I found the places to adjust decimal places for table. Thanks!

kelvin_tsang
6 - Meteoroid

For (1), you can do with by creating an *.eml file, which can be opened in Outlook with Recipients, Subject and attachment(s) pre-populated:

This post may help: Creating an Outlook/Thunderbird Draft Email including Attachments 

Labels