Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Saved Formula Expressions

dshaw
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way I can find my saved formula expressions from past Alteryx versions?  It seems as if each time I have updated versions of Alteryx my saved formula expressions has been lost.  I would like to retrieve the older ones and also not lose the ones going forward.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Derreck

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @dshaw,

Did you see this post ?   Can you let me know if you can find them in the registry?  I'll do some research as to why they may be disappearing.

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
dshaw
8 - Asteroid

Yes, that is where I found them!  So, for others benefit from the post you linked above:

"....maintained in the computer registry.

On my machine they are located in the registry at...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRC\Alteryx\4.0\Exp "

Thank you so much!

dshaw
8 - Asteroid

Yes, that is where I found them!  So, for others people's benefit from the post you linked above:

"....maintained in the computer registry.

On my machine, they are located in the registry at...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRC\Alteryx\4.0\Exp "

Thank you so much!

Derreck

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

For additional info:

Those who aren't familiar, you don't find your registry keys in the normal directory. You have to open windows tool called :  Registry Editor. 

Next, you follow the path as mentioned in the thread here.  When you get in your registry, and you find that all your formulas are there.

Look at the registry key/file called:  SaveNum.  LIKELY that it has somehow reset to "0".  If you open that file and you type in a number at least as large as the last key you have (in other words if you have 11 keys/formulas saved, then you want that number showing at least 11).  Then you're done. Your saved formulas will now display again over in Alteryx. 

Labels