Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Save output to Excel file as "No Records Found" instead of having only header columns.

Sarathi_57
5 - Atom

Hello Guys,

I have a scenario where in when there is no output, instead of writing the output excel file with only the column headers, it should just have a note in the cell A1 as "No records found"

I have attached a sample workflow which takes input from a excel file, then filters for data where Age<20. if there is no output matching this criteria, I want the excel output file to have only one cell A1 which states "No Records Found".

Any idea or workaround?

Thanks

Sarathi

4 REPLIES 4
JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

This workflow will unite the response "No records found" with the data and decide to keep or discard the response if there is populated data or not.

Flow:

Flow.PNG

Results:

results 2.PNGResults 1.PNG

Multi-Row Formula:

Multi Row.PNG

Sarathi_57
5 - Atom

Thanks Josh,

That worked fine.

One more quick question.

I know we can write the data alone without headers using a Table and Render tool to save it to a Excel file. But Is there a way that we can write to excel file using a Output tool without having the column headers and having the data only?

JoshKushner
12 - Quasar
A way to 'hack' this result woud be with the 'Select Records' tool or the 'Dynamic Rename' tool.

Select Records:
2+

Dynamic Rename:
Rename Mode: Take Field Names from First Row of Data
dawnh80
8 - Asteroid

Great example! I looked for this solution for a user and shared your workflow. 

Labels