Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Save attachments from Outlook 365

RMojsiak
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys,

I am trying to save attachments from a shared mailbox, but couldn't find a solution yet. I tried the Outlook Input Tool (Outlook Input tool Created with the Alteryx SDK - Alteryx Community) but the server that I have is 15.20.XXX while the tool stops at Exchange 2013.

Is there any workflow/macro/magic that I didn't come across yet?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
pdave87
11 - Bolide

@RMojsiak hi, what is the error you are receiving? I can take a quick look.

RMojsiak
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I attached the error and the tool configuration.

Error: OutlookInputTool (1): The Autodiscover service couldn't be located.
AutodiscoverLocalException
at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Autodiscover.AutodiscoverService.InternalGetLegacyUserSettings[TSettings](String emailAddress, List`1 redirectionEmailAddresses, Int32& currentHop)
at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Autodiscover.AutodiscoverService.GetLegacyUserSettings[TSettings](String emailAddress)
at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Autodiscover.AutodiscoverService.InternalGetLegacyUserSettings(String emailAddress, List`1 requestedSettings)
at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Autodiscover.AutodiscoverService.GetUserSettings(String userSmtpAddress, UserSettingName[] userSettingNames)
at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.GetAutodiscoverUrl(String emailAddress, ExchangeVersion requestedServerVersion, AutodiscoverRedirectionUrlValidationCallback validateRedirectionUrlCallback)
at Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService.AutodiscoverUrl(String emailAddress, AutodiscoverRedirectionUrlValidationCallback validateRedirectionUrlCallback)
at OutlookTools.OutlookEmail.GetItems(Int64 recordLimit)
at OutlookTools.OutlookInputToolEngine.PI_PushAllRecords(Int64 nRecordLimit)
at SRC.Alteryx.GenericNetPluginInterface.PI_PushAllRecords(GenericNetPluginInterface* , Int64 nRecordLimit)

RMojsiak_0-1634215892884.png

pdave87
11 - Bolide

@RMojsiak thanks, I am not aware of this error. Let's see if anyone else from community can help out here. 

RMojsiak
8 - Asteroid

Do you know some other workarounds besides this tool?

pdave87
11 - Bolide

@RMojsiak I am familiar with options in Alteryx but it is vast and I am still learning. Let's wait for sometime, there are lot of experts who quickly guide and solve the queries.

RMojsiak
8 - Asteroid

I found the solution with the Outlook 365 tool and an old version of Alteryx.

Labels