Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Save FilePath (or query) while using Dynamic Input tool to retrieve from DW

Dear all, 

I have been using the Dynamic Input tool to change a specific string in my query (Invoice ID). Everything works fine, except I cannot distinguish which data is taken from which query as the file path cannot be added. However, while running, I can see in the Results workflow how many data lines were retrieved from each query.

My question is whether or not there is a possibility to add a separate column of the query that was used in the Dynamic Input tool? 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @migle-maciuleviciute ,

you can easily add a field containing the "variable" part of your query as an identifier.

2022-03-02_10-27-53.jpg

In my sample,  I connect to a SQL database (Microsoft sample db) and select CustomerID. In the Dynamic Input tool, I use this field to modify my SQL to restrict to a specific CustomerID for each query. In addition, I use "Pass a Field to the Output" to add the specific replacement leading to the result to the dataset.

What do you think?

Best,

Roland 

Thank you so much! It helped :)

Labels