Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

San Francisco Drive Times

kprescott
6 - Meteoroid

I use a non-overlapping drive time tool a lot in figuring out trade areas for our network of centers (including figuring out where to put new centers).

For some reason, the San Francisco/Bay Area are a sticking point in the non-overlapping DT tool. I can run all 70 of the other sites in a batch in a fraction of the time it takes to get a trade area output for the 3 sites in Bay Area. 

Anyone have similar issues or know of a work around? 

1 REPLY 1
DavidThorpe
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kprescott 

Do you have the same issue in extended runtimes when using the drivetime setting of the standard Trade Area tool in San Francisco / the Bay Area also?

I would suggest you do the following to help troubleshoot - test this scenario to understand where the process is taking the largest proportion of time on multiple location scenarios - this can help to identify areas to optimise the process:

• Right-click on the Non Overlap Drivetime tool, and choose open macro
  • Replace the Macro Input configuration for an input source containing your centroids/spatialobjs
  • Switch the Trade Area configuration (tool 33), Distance (tool 75), Distance (tool 436) with your preferred drivetime setting instead of TeleAtlas default
  • In Workflow - Configuration select Runtime then switch on 'Enable Performance Profiling':
    Spoiler
    DavidThorpe_0-1631703958584.png
Labels