Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Sample Data Based on previous workflow

joediss2022
5 - Atom

Hi

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but i had a look and couldnt find anything.

The purpose of what i'm trying to do is to take a sample of 10 claims (or as close to 10 as possible) but which fulfills certain criteria. There are 3 different criteria that need to be satisfied. Firstly is that each unique 'booking user' should have at least 1 file reviewed, then that each 'Claims LOB' should have at least 1 file reviewed, and finally that each 'variation band' should be reviewed. If this cant be satisfied by only 10 claims then we'll select more.

So onto the problem i've encountered. I've completed the part of the workflow where i work out how many claims i need to take from each sample, but i now need to actually take that sample.

Is there a way to take a sample that says 'take 7 samples from booking user X' but in this instance the number 7 is taken from the result of a previous output.

I've got to a point where i can take a filter and then simply use a random sample tool to to say pick 7 records. But is there any way of getting that 7 to rely on the previous output?

joediss2022_0-1659693036360.png

Thanks very much in advance for if anyone is able to help.

1 REPLY 1
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @joediss2022 

A simple macro can handle this:

DavidSkaife_0-1659693666531.png

I've attached a sample workflow with the macro included to demonstrate how it works.

Labels