Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Same parameter to multiple SQL Statements (without lots of Action tools)

felipeecst
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use the same control parameter to update several SQL Statements.

For example, I have a parameter_value parameter and a lot of In-Db and Output tools that have queries such as:

SELECT * FROM table WHERE parameter_id = parameter_value.

I'm replacing parameter_value in these tables using the Action tool, but I need a new Action tool for every single replacement. This is making the workflow a little 'polluted'. Is there any way to use a single tool (or, at least, less that one for each replacement) to achieve this? 

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I've had a lot of success using the "%Question.<<Interface tool name>>%" method to avoid action tools. See AdamR's  detailed response. The interface Tool name is found in the name box under the annotations tab in the configuratios panel when you have an interface tool selected. For Control Parameters, it would be %Question.ControlParam.<<Interface tool name>>%. For a list of available variables, you can select the workflow tab of the configuration panel no tools are selected. The format is %<<Type>>.<<Name>>%

Patrick

felipeecst
7 - Meteor

Thank you patrick! Didn't know about the %Question.<<Interface tool name>> method. It's a much better solution!

Labels