Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Samba BigQuery Driver version issues

autolycus
8 - Asteroid

Got a new machine and was migrating my ODBC connections to it.  Lost 2 days of work troubleshooting an ODBC connection to BigQuery using the Simba driver (because the BigQuery tools don't support manipulating the query string).  I determined that the latest version of the Simba driver doesn't appear to work with Alteryx.  When I unistalled the latest version and installed a version I had previously downloaded (2.2.2.1007), everything started working.  The new version seems to error and the only information I get back from Alteryx Designer is 'No columns returned'.  Logging for the driver doesn't show anything.

Has anyone else seen this?

2 REPLIES 2
TessaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @autolycus ,

We haven't heard reports of this yet but we also haven't validated the latest driver. Is it possible for you to stick with the currently validated version that did not give you that error?

Thanks!

Tessa Smithers

Sr. Technical Account Manager
Alteryx, Inc.

autolycus
8 - Asteroid

That's what I have done for the time being.  I don't know how many are using it, but am curious if it is something only we are experiencing or if others have seen it.

Labels