Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce output connector, can't run the update

arrancel
5 - Atom

I am new to Alterix. The issue I am having is (I think) quite straight forward. The test workflow I have created is simple. Reads from a .csv with two columns ID18__c and Do_not_use_RPI__c and then I would like to perform an update on the salesforce ffbc__Contract__c table of the Do_not_use_RPI__c  values with what I have in the csv for the given ID18__c.

However I am getting "Error: Salesforce Output (8): The following fields are not updateable members of the target table: ID18__c"

That makes perfectly sense BUT that is not the field I am intending to update, that is the field the connector (I thought) shall be using to identify the relevant ids in the table and update the Do_not_use_RPI__c  values (as the dataloader would do when updating)

If I rename the ID18__c to id then the error is "Error: Salesforce Output (8): The following fields are not members of the target table: id" that again makes sense but I don't find the way to specify which field is to be used to identify the records to be updated.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
arrancel
5 - Atom

I found what the issue was. The ID18__c had to be renamed yes, but it is case sensitive and I was renaming it as "id" where it had to be "Id". When changed it, updated the records (as expected)

Labels