Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Salesforce input tool not supported anymore? Pyton verson?

calloni
9 - Comet

Hey Alteryx

I just downloaded 2020.4 version and I am getting this unpleasant surprise when using the STANDARD Salesforce Input tool:

Error: Salesforce Input (1): The tool installed in 'C:\Users\rcalloni\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SalesforceInput_v4.1.0' is using an out of date version of Python, 3.6. This version of Alteryx is using Python version 3.8. SalesforceInput_v4.1.0 requires further action to restore function. Please go to https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/upgrade-python for more information

I really don't understand the error message. Isn't Salesforce Input tool supported by Alteryx? Why does Alteryx ships a version of the tool that is incompatible with the version ALTERYX uses?

Any ideas? Should I downgrade?

Rodrigo

6 REPLIES 6
SabrinaCB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @calloni ,

Thanks for posting. The Salesforce Input Connector tool is still supported by Alteryx. The embedded Designer Python version was upgraded and since these are standalone tools from the Gallery they simply need to be re-installed/YXI re-run to update (can be downloaded here: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Salesforce-Input-Tool/59b84ccbeffc2a09d4057c43).
The workflows utilizing those tools should run as normal once that step is complete (please make sure to re-install same Connector version noted in the error message). The details are included in that Help link https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/upgrade-python and also here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Python-Upgrade-20-4/ta-p/655918

If you encounter any issues at all, please don't hesitate to contact Alteryx Support. We are happy to help.

Thanks,

Sabrina

Sabrina Blanck
Sr. Customer Support Engineer – Connectors SME
Alteryx, Inc.
fpinchon
8 - Asteroid

Hi @SabrinaCB 

The download link you share on the Gallery offers the most recent version as v4.1.0 (June 18, 2019), whereas the version failing with Python in 2020.4 is 4.2.3...

Where is the version of the SFDC Input connector that works in 2020.4?

Cheers,

Frederic

SabrinaCB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @fpinchon 

We ended up working together on an Alteryx Support case and resolving your issue, but adding solution here for others that may come across this post. The reason the Salesforce Connector Version 4.2.3 is not on the Alteryx Gallery is because it is a Beta version. It can be obtained from the Beta site or from Alteryx Support. I am also adding here in case anyone needs to re-install that one in order for it to be updated to work on 2020.4.

If you have any further issues don't hesitate to reach out!

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Sabrina

Sabrina Blanck
Sr. Customer Support Engineer – Connectors SME
Alteryx, Inc.
brucedataguy
8 - Asteroid

I've now encountered this problem when our Server was upgraded to 2020.4, while my Designer was 2020.3.

I followed the instructions to detect any Python impacts from Python 3.6 to 3.8.

I found this support note, as I was also unable to find a newer Salesforce Input tool other than the one I currently had installed, v4.1.0.

After downloading and installing Salesforce Input v4.2.3 with my upgraded Designer 2020.4, when connecting to our Salesforce environment using this newest version of the SF Input Tool, I get this error:

Error: Salesforce Input (18): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 88, in pi_init
AttributeError: module 'engine.sf_utils' has no attribute 'get_reduced_metadata'

Meanwhile, in workflows using Salesforce Input v4.1.0, I tried to change the Tool Version ("Right Click" > "Choose Tool Version").  I see versions 4.0.0, 4.1.0 and v4.2.3.  I select v4.2.3, however, the existing SF Input tool does not adapt, and remains stuck with v4.1.0, and with the same error

"Error: Salesforce Input (1): The tool installed in 'C:\Users\baum000b\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools\SalesforceInput_v4.1.0' is using an out of date version of Python, 3.6. This version of Alteryx is using Python version 3.8. SalesforceInput_v4.1.0 requires further action to restore function. Please go to https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/upgrade-python for more information."

Not sure if there's a newer SF Input Tool than v4.2.3 (it's not in the Public Gallery), but something's not working correctly after following several Alteryx postings about the challenges from the Python upgrade and what actions to take.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

Best regards,

Bruce

AijajShaikh2021
7 - Meteor

Hello

I am getting below error while installing the Salesforce Input tool on Alteryx Server 2020.4.5.12471. Could you please advise.

AS4_0-1614063007395.png

AaronDobbins
5 - Atom

Hi AS4, did you ever get a solution for this? I am getting the same error on installation of the beta.

Labels