Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce input credentials update

sucansa
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have around 14 workflows. Problem is everytime when my credentials are updated, I have to update the salesforce input tool credentials manually. Is there anyway I can put my credentials in excel and when I change in one place all my salesforce workflows are changed. As there is no input for Salesforce input connector, I am clueless how to do this?

TIA

6 REPLIES 6
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You'd be able to do this if you created a batch macro that contains the SalesForce input tool.

You could then read the credentials for a file with an input data tool and feed them to the control parameters of the batch macro.

sucansa
7 - Meteor

I have not done this before. Will you be able to create any sample workflows for me?

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is how you'd normally do it. I don't know if it works with custom tools though.

DavidP_0-1581604827290.png

mathiasbindseil
5 - Atom

I am trying to solve the same issue. However, this macro will not work as the password will be encrypted. Do you have any other way of solving the problem?

chatzg
6 - Meteoroid

you can manually log in in the tool. then go to the XML tab. copy eand/or save your encrypted password+token into  a db or file.
then read from that file. and apply changes with control parameter

loicvan
5 - Atom

Hello Is there an update about this problem ? 

I had to reconfigure all my workflows (about 10 ) because you lose all settings.

Labels