Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Salesforce input credentials update

sucansa
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have around 14 workflows. Problem is everytime when my credentials are updated, I have to update the salesforce input tool credentials manually. Is there anyway I can put my credentials in excel and when I change in one place all my salesforce workflows are changed. As there is no input for Salesforce input connector, I am clueless how to do this?

TIA

6 REPLIES 6
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You'd be able to do this if you created a batch macro that contains the SalesForce input tool.

You could then read the credentials for a file with an input data tool and feed them to the control parameters of the batch macro.

sucansa
7 - Meteor

I have not done this before. Will you be able to create any sample workflows for me?

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is how you'd normally do it. I don't know if it works with custom tools though.

DavidP_0-1581604827290.png

mathiasbindseil
5 - Atom

I am trying to solve the same issue. However, this macro will not work as the password will be encrypted. Do you have any other way of solving the problem?

chatzg
6 - Meteoroid

you can manually log in in the tool. then go to the XML tab. copy eand/or save your encrypted password+token into  a db or file.
then read from that file. and apply changes with control parameter

loicvan
5 - Atom

Hello Is there an update about this problem ? 

I had to reconfigure all my workflows (about 10 ) because you lose all settings.

Labels