Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Salesforce connectors will not work

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

So I have had issues with the Salesforce connectors from day 1 but have generally been able to get them to work.  But today they will run on my laptop but fail to validate/run when I load them to the gallery.  with the following error(s).

The job SalesforceDOT did not complete successfully and resulted in the following errors:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "main.py", line 68, in pi_init RuntimeError: Internal Error: DecryptPassword - buffer too small (Tool Id: 179)
Traceback (most recent call last): File "main.py", line 68, in pi_init RuntimeError: Internal Error: DecryptPassword - buffer too small (Tool Id: 231)
Traceback (most recent call last): File "main.py", line 68, in pi_init RuntimeError: Internal Error: DecryptPassword - buffer too small (Tool Id: 236)
Traceback (most recent call last): File "main.py", line 68, in pi_init RuntimeError: Internal Error: DecryptPassword - buffer too small (Tool Id: 246)
Traceback (most recent call last): File "main.py", line 68, in pi_init RuntimeError: Internal Error: DecryptPassword - buffer too small (Tool Id: 283)

I've tried re-entering my passwords, which usually fixes these issues.  But that didn't work.  I then tried using the deprecated Salesforce connector (as mentioned below) and that errors with "The node properties is missing the child node "configuration". 

Can someone tell me how I can get this to work?  

Similar Issue that didn't help

7 REPLIES 7
ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

I thought it was working but it started failing again with the exact same errors.  So I'm back to square one.

PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ISUGraber I do not have a definite answer as to what the issue is but I managed to fix this on my end just now. 

What I would try to do is: 

1) Go to Alteryx System Settings (where you configure your server)

2) Enable "Run As User" and set this to the user or service account that your salesforce is tied back to

3) Run Alteryx Designer as Administrator

4) Try saving this workflow to the gallery

I was able to get this to work on my end but unfortunately, I can't promise you this will resolve the problem. Just a worthwhile method to try.

Best,

Peter

Haydn2803
6 - Meteoroid

I had this issue very recently and Alteryx Support gave me the following solution which has done the trick:

Administrators will need to create a new string value PythonAllowHideEncryption under the Alteryx Registry Key:

• Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx
    Value Name: PythonAllowHideEncryption
    Value Data: true
  • Note: This key must be set on each user’s machine as well as on all Worker nodes.
  • Steps to create the new key:
    • Type regedit in Windows Start Menu
    • Browse to the folder location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx
    • Right click and select New > String Value
    • Set the KeyName to PythonAllowHideEncryption and the Value to true

Once this is completed you will need to pull in a new Salesforce tool and re-authenticate the workflow for this to take.

Versions

Server: 2020.4.5.12471

Desktop: 2020.4.5.12471

Salesforce Input: 4.2.4

ravi061
8 - Asteroid

Hi Hayden,

I am facing the similar issue, So as you said i am trying to open Windows Registry and checking HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ and when i see at this path, i couldn't find SRC folder, but i installed Alteryx designer and able to run that, i don't know why it is not created.

Can you guide me, what i am doing wrong?

krameraaron
5 - Atom

Hi @ravi061,

Were you able to determine why the SRC folder wasn't created? I'm running into the same issue and haven't found a solution online.

krameraaron
5 - Atom

Follow-up to my question and for others having the same issue.

I reinstalled Alteryx 2020.4 NonAdmin and the issue was not resolved (the SRC folder did not appear). The SRC folder did appear after installing Alteryx 2021.4 Admin. I don't know if it's a version issue or an Admin/NonAdmin issue (or some combination), but I hope if you're running into the same issue, installing the 2021.4 Admin version will help.

ravi061
8 - Asteroid

Hi @krameraaron 

Sorry, for the late reply. issue is resolved for me as you said, but i forgot to mention here long back.

Thanks

Labels